The Moravia Museum, originally called the Museum Francisceum Brunae, was founded in Brno, Czech Republic, in 1818. At that time Brno was the capitol of the country of Moravia. The mineral collection was based on the donation of the collections of four Moravian noblemen: Count Johann Nepomuk Mitrovský (1757-1799), Count Serénye, Count Salm and Prince Lichtenstein. In the 20th century the collections of F. Kretschmer and Dr. J. Bake, E. Burkart, B. Kučera, Gusaf vancara and Tomas Kruťa were added. The museum today houses over 145,000 mineral specimens.
PETERSEN, O. V. (1994) World Directory of Mineral Collections. Mineralogical Record, Tucson, p. 75.
please E-mail us at:
[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2018)
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
|Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.|
Number of labels found: 5 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 5
||62 x 85 mm|
||56 x 77 mm,|
Label for a specimen from the Dr. Tomasz Kruta collection.
||68 x 87 mm,|
Label for a specimen from the Dr. Tomasz Kruťa collection.
||55 x 77 mm,|
A label for a specimen from the Gustav vancara collection.
||60 x 85 mm,|
Label for a specimen from the Josef Stanĕk collection.